Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 8 = Doom

Just a quick update today because I haven't checked in recently. I feel terrible. All the same symptoms as last time. No break for me this time as it were. Throwing up 2-3 times a day, that's with the zofran. total food aversion and my mouth is so dry I can't consume crackers or pretzels very rapidly. I'm down to only about 3 cups of water a day and that is me sipping on water all day long and really forcing the fluids. And I am so constipated. Pregnancy was doing it to me to begin with then add low fluids, no fiber, and the zofran, I am hit up. I will spare you from the details but I did call the doctor this morning and got the same answers I've heard before: " try eating small meals throughout the day, really try to get the fluids in..." I stopped the nurse and told her listen, I've been through this once before - none of that stuff works for me. So she told me as long as I am eating and keeping some stuff down than I am not really in critical need of being seen. When I asked about the constipation she said "more fluids and fiber, you can take Metamucil and etc. etc. (i stopped listening)" Lady, like I told you, I can barely keep water down how am I suppose to drink Metamucil? She resorted to just take more meds.

Ah, I really hate this doctor's office. It is so impersonal. They won't get me in to see a doctor for my first appointment so I will be seeing a nurse practitioner. I am actually ok with it. Nurses usually listen better anyway especially if she has any experience with HG. Not that I am saying it is HG yet. Perhaps this is just sever morning sickness. IDK. But, if I have to wait 45 minutes again then I am switching "doctors". Did I just have a good experience with offices last time or are they all like this? Is it unreasonable to expect to see my doctor?

One last update: I had to tell my coworkers last week and my kids on Monday. I am just too sick to not let people know. As I was going to tell the kids I decided to let the family know as well. I know it is really soon and we have no ultrasound yet but ah well. I did tell the kids (who were bouncing with excitement and yelling it through the hallways) that we were only cautiously excited because anything can still happen. Then they wanted to know if it was a girl or a boy and if I would name the baby Charles. *sigh. OH we also got a house cleaner - big win.

No comments:

Post a Comment