Saturday, October 20, 2012

What tomorrow might bring...

I've been contracting all day and am just conflicted. Today I posted this poll on babycenter:


Hey moms, I'm in a pickle and would love some advice. I added a poll because I want to know what you would actually do in this circumstance not what you philosophically would want to do. I know philosophically what I should do but I am just so tired and irritated.
I've been in prodromal labor for 8 weeks. I was put on bed rest at 30 weeks, had to begin my time off work then. I had a couple close calls and trips to L&D early for contractions. I made it to 36 weeks, went off  bed rest and all meds. I had another contraction episode that sent me to L&D at 3cm. This week I had one more and I'm now 5 cm. They didn't want to send me home but I just didn't feel like I was in labor and they couldn't do anything yet to get me going and they wouldn't let me eat (which was beyond annoying). All the doctors are convinced I am going to go fast when I do go but here I am 3 days later still not in active labor.
I spent all of last night with contractions. All day today, especially while walking. They were 1 1/2 minutes long, 2-3 minutes apart but not painful and they went away when I laid down. I'm pretty sure if I go in now, the docs will want to help me speed some things up so I don't deliver in the car.
For some history, with my last my water broke at 5 cm, I got stuck at 5 cm and had to do pitocin then re-brake my water to get me to dilate all the way and I did it without an epidural. It was a horrible birth experience. I was in the hospital trying to deliver for 30 hours and I had nightmares for months. I really want a good experience this time as I am not doing pregnancy again. I follow the bradly books and I know I should just be patient and let my body prepare itself but I want an epidural this time anyway ( I am just terrified, I cannot do natural again!) What would you do?

Results:
Be patient, relax - 18
Strip membranes and natural inducing methods - 23
Let the doc help you out! - 38
IDK - 5
So, I called the doc tonight. He said to get some rest tonight if I can. Of course if the contractions pick up over night to just come in. If I still have consistent contractions while out and about tomorrow, to come in and he would help get me going. He said he's not too happy about me walking around at 5 cm and because I am on the eve of 38 weeks he's very comfortable breaking my water so long as I am still consistently contracting.

I cannot believe my water hasn't broken already though! Seriously, 3 days at 5 cm?? And let me tell you, I have not been taking it easy. Except at night. I have been trying to get all the sleep I can at night. I know it's controversial to get interventions before term but please keep in mind that I have been having these contraction episodes for 8 weeks! I've been told once I can get past 5 I'm going to go fast, and I do not want to deliver in the car. I hate making a choice like this, but I'm about to loose my mind. Please pray for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment