Tuesday, October 2, 2012

35 weeks and dress rehersal

Today we took a "quick trip" into the docs office for contractions. I woke up at 2 am with very regular strong contractions. With IU I know this can happen so I made sure to wait a while to see if it continued. Every time I woke up through the night I still experienced contractions but they seemed to space out further and further. That's a good clue it's not the real thing yet. Despite this I decided to call into the docs in the morning to just check in. It's been a while since I had strong regular contractions. They had me come in for a check up and of course the contractions got fewer and fewer. They were still strong enough they were hard to talk through though.

I got to speak with Dr. B, whom you recall I love. I am 3 cm dilated, 70% effaced. Baby is 5 lbs 12 oz on the ultrasound. We didn't get any good pictures of it this time. I am to stay on the medicine until next week. He says it won't stop the contractions if I am really going into labor. It could still be tomorrow or in 2 weeks. Dilation doesn't mean a whole lot except we know the contractions are doing their job.

On another note I made another needed project for the baby room. It looked so easy to make a changing pad cover that I decided to do that instead of buy one. I have to say that it was pretty easy. In fact, the hardest part was measuring the fabric. It was one of those nice projects where you could make a million mistakes and it would still look good. I used the DIY Changing Pad Cover tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment