Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hi, I'm Me


Recently I have discovered pinterest. I'm hooked. Today I sat on the couch with laptop in lap wondering how I ever got by without it. Lame, I know. Anyhow, I have totally derailed my diet with all of the "wonderful", "easy", and amazing looking sweets my friends keep pinning.Then I get lost in all of the cool things I could DIY. I have currently bought $100 in fabric to get on that and by $100 I probably mean more like $150. Seriously, that's like a shopping trip for me. I should have just gone to the mall. Then I decided I needed a blog so I can have somewhere to post all the cool ideas I keep getting from mashing up ideas other people are pinning about. That's why I am here.

So who am I? Like most women, I'm complicated. If you decide to keep reading my updates then you might learn a little about me. For now however, I'm an HG survivor. This is something traumatic I had to endure while pregnant with my son who is now ALMOST 2. (That's another story.) In a nutshell it is 24/7 nausea for most of your pregnancy combined with abnormal amounts of vomiting. Typically women loose 10+% of their body weight very quickly and are easily malnourished and dehydrated. My life plans now revolve around this disorder if I decide to have another child. It's always a nagging thought in the back of my mind. I have periodic nightmares of pregnancy. I'm often sad when I see someone pregnant at the loss I have in this life of not being able to enjoy being pregnant. And, being in the child rearing phase of life, most my friends are pregnant. I've also been trying to get pregnant again for over a year now. Ironically, every time I take the test, I am relieved to see it is still negative.

The picture at the top is borrowed but I love it. I also know that whoever made it also borrowed one of the characters from an awesome blog: Hyperbole and a Half

No comments:

Post a Comment