Monday, September 24, 2012

Yay to the end of bed rest!

Happy Monday! We had our 34 week appointment this morning. I was so nervous! Last time I went in at 34 weeks I ended up in L&D for 30 hours. This time was much more pleasant. The medicine seems to be working really well for me. I had the doc check me out to relieve my fears mainly. I am 1/2 a centimeter dilated (That's less than before) and 50% effaced which is about the same as 2 weeks ago and the baby is still really high. That means my occasional contractions right now aren't really doing anything except keeping me in bed. That's GREAT news. I'm not ready for labor yet. I'm showing no other issues. It also means they are going to be releasing me from bed rest! They want me to keep resting for just a few more days and they are going to keep me on the procardia for the next 2 weeks but other than that I am good to go. The doctor even went so far as to predict I will go full term. I don't know about that but I'll take it.

I would like to try to go back to work in the mean time. I somehow did not make it into the sick bank so I am not getting paid to be laid up. I also miss teaching. It keeps my mind off of worrying about the rest of this.

We had a great weekend. I cheated on the bed rest anyway. I felt being so close to 34 weeks that it was safe. My friends in town gave me a wonderful baby shower for the little girl. I think we are all set on clothes through 6 months now. We also had soccer again on Sunday which was so nice.

I love the weather lately. It's very crisp outside! I've been sleeping with the windows open and it got down to 45 last night. I slept like a rock. (Well, a very pregnant rock that needs to wake up to roll over a couple of times in the middle of the night.) I love that both my babies will be born in transition seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment