Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lactation Chocolate chip cookies

I came across a good recipe a few weeks ago to help boost supply. I couldn't find any brewers yeast so I made the recipe without it. Now, I don't think it really helped but they were fantastic cookies. The comments recommended all sorts of alterations to the original recipe and I followed some of them so I needed another place to write this down so I don't loose it this time.

1 cup butter (or half butter, half apple sauce)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 egg (probably optional, haven't tried it without)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups wheat flour (or 1 wheat, 1 regular)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips(I use the whole bag, just because)
1 cup walnuts
2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast (the more the better for supply, don't use if you don't need this for supply)

Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3 Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
4 Add egg and mix well.
5 Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6 Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7 Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8 Stir in oats and chips.
9 Scoop onto baking sheet.
10 Bake for 12 minutes.
11 Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

These make the most delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Very substantial cookies! It also makes a ton of cookies. I'll count how many I get next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment