Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines day Pictures

I am so thrilled with the pictures we got for Valentines day. I had this cute little outfit for Lucy that has been hanging in her closet for months and realized I needed to use it or loose it when it became too small. For a headband I just took a flower off a different headband and put it on one of my white bands. So this is a mommy made headband. This is how is started:

I couldn't pull out of the photo enough to get many good shots as I held her up. I had no choice on angles and just hoped for a non-blurry shot. I like my camera but it has not been easy to use with no flash. If I was going to get a decent shot, I needed her to sit up on her own. So, I manipulated a comforter on the the ground over a boppy. I had all these visions of what I wanted. This one below came the closest.
This is mostly what I got though:

Then Logan was in the bathtub playing vociferously so I got a few more of her laying down. Much easier! She kept wanting to eat her necklace.
This is when I went ahead and got Logan out and dressed. I didn't really have anything for him to wear that matched Lucy so I figured dark jeans would work.

I got one of them sitting together... lovely.
And then I thought, well this is suppose to be a valentines day photo shoot so I need a heart prop. Hmmm... daddy's candy box might work:


And then Logan realized the box had chocolate in it...

 The first picture of this series is what the lighting was like before I tweaked all of the lighting. Second picture has been cropped and tweaked.

 Btw, do you notice the date stamp? Guess who put it on and now I have no idea how to remove? I just have a point and shoot Canon with a 10x zoom. I love it but I don't know how to get rid of the time stamp...


Well, I told him if he would humor me I would get him chocolate. I guess it worked out. He got what he wanted and I got what I wanted! This was my winning photo.  I then took this photo over to picmonkey.com and did some editing. If you haven't used this site, it's pretty awesome, free and easy to use. You don't even need to enter any personal information or download anything. Final product, priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment